Mad Mike’s Sausage Cheese Balls
These little appetizers make a big hit with any crowd. They continue to be one of the most-requested recipes!
Write a review
- 3 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked Mad Mike’s Santa Fe Pork Sausage*
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (16 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon of Mad Mike's Yo' Mamma's Garlic Seasoning
- 1 Jar of Mad Mike’s Sweet and Sassy BBQ Sauce or Kowabunga Grill Sauce (if desired)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease bottom and sides of jelly roll pan, 15 1/2x10 1/2x2x1 inch.
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients except barbecue sauce, using hands or spoon. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place in pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brown. Immediately remove from pan. Serve warm with sauce for dipping.
- Note: These Sausage Cheese balls can be served with Biscuit Gravy for Breakfast! You may also use Mad Mike’s Italian or Chorizo Bulk Sausage for totally different Flavors.
- Expert Tips- Want to make these savory cheese balls ahead? It's Easy!
- • Cover and refrigerate unbaked balls up to 24 hours. Bake as directed.
- • Cover and freeze unbaked balls up to 1 month. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place frozen balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until brown.
- • Bake as directed; cover and freeze up to 1 month. Heat oven to 350ºF. Place frozen balls on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- • Bake as directed; cover and freeze up to 1 month. Place 6 frozen balls on microwavable plate. Loosely cover with waxed paper. Microwave on High 45 seconds to 1 minute or until heated through.
- *The recipe is correct as written; the mixture is made with uncooked sausage.
Mad Mike's American Gourmet https://madmikestore.com/